This weekend we passed our Saturday at a backyard pool party and bbq, which was graciously hosted at our friends home in a quaint town 20 minutes from where we live — thanks Seyward and Jay! We chilled poolside, got
over served on mojitos (thanks again Jay), swined out on lime cupcakes, had a drunken late night dip and partied like sorority girls until dawn. I’d say it was a success!
Sunday was a whole new day, our alfresco affair was fantastic, only I was suffering from a cuban highball comma and found myself cursing the sun wishing I was wrapped in my duvet. I’m positive I wasn’t the greatest company, but I aspired to be?
Today was back to reality. Work, gym, laundry, cook, then more work. I am trying to be more organized so I have devised a “Own my life” list of things I will own throughout the work week. Here’s my first:
- Sugar free – I am giving up sugar for the week, I was on sweet overdrive on the weekend – I’m owning my cravings
- Sobriety – I’m having a dry week, I am using the warm weather as an excuse to cocktail every night, it’s criminal. I’m owning sobriety.
- Start my bubble chandelier – this requires a post of its own.
- Finish all my work for month’s end before month end – and work my little a*s off so I own my vacation.
- Buy myself a well deserved pair of shoes – it’s been a few weeks.
Today I was 85% on task for my list. And I was asked to do a very exciting review for a very exciting magazine! It’s been a good Monday. No prescription medication required.
Just one more hour….
Makes me giggle…but so true