I’ve been extremely busy with my career the last few weeks; meeting with clients, travelling loads and hand delivering gifts and packages. It’s been such an amazing and productive month that said when the weekend rolls around I like to reward myself with gifts and drinks!
Luckily, this is my last work day this week. Tomorrow I’m heading to the Muskokas far away from my hectic lifestyle. I’ve been blueprinting the getaway for days. I’m going to bask in the glow of the long holiday weekend, I might even pull a Tom Hanks in Cast Away and float a dingy out to the middle of the lake, a composed solo mission. Brilliant. Of course the only 4 lifelines I’ll require on my dingy adventure are Sir Pinot Grigio, Miss V’s chip, Mr. big a*s floppy hat and some quality reading material…Vogue.
So I’m taking tomorrow and the weekend offline and I’m giddy as hell about it. Have a glorious weekend and don’t be jelly. My life is rarely this carefree.
Tips for the perfect long weekend holiday:
- Drink your signature cocktail all weekend – you deserve it!
- Dress in breezy maxi dresses, anything sheer and havaianas.
- Go for a natural look, wash hair, tie it in a bun then let it dry naturally – your waves will be killer – thanks Karen for that tip.
- Create a Long Weekend menu and try a recipe using fresh produce from your local market – I’ll be chefing up cold eggplant stacks drizzled with olive oil and balsamic with fresh basil and love.
- Enjoy an ice cream in a classic cone.
- Head north, where the air is cleaner and the stars shine brighter
- shut down your laptop, even if you stay in the city turn it off – explore your own surroundings and act like a tourist while you’re at it!
- Own being lazy – if you have a DIY project or gardens you want to work on do it at a slow pace. And if you get distracted by cocktails or friends, who cares enjoy it.
- Drink your signature cocktail..
Happy long weekend everyone!
This is what my car looked like this week…
This is me tomorrow…
This is what I will be looking at…
I will drown in this before I drown in the lake…
Rock the boat a little!
Happy Canada Day Long weekend! (canadian fans xo)