In my former years I was a mad sun goddess, I worshipped the hours between 11 and 1:15, this is when I calculated that the sun was at its highest therefor at its peak for bain de soleil. If I only knew then what I know now? Perhaps I would only look 20 instead of 25??
Over the past few years I still enjoy getting my glow on, however safely and moderately with mandatory face protection. It’s now my staple to rock a big ass hat or Trilby while enjoying the outdoors or lounging by a pool.
My girlfriend Karen was over this am for an early morning powwow (definition: a few times a week we commence before normal hours. We chat, have coffee and hammer through all the latest mags and gossip) during todays affair she advised me that Khloe K as well likes to sport a big ass hat to prevent sun damage, she even wears it while driving about in sunny LA. Karen confirmed this fact via Khloe and Lamar, completely legit. Like really, if Khloe can do it, so can I. Thank you Karen for being an excellent friend and relieving my doubts that I would look totally outrageous if I rocked my floppy all summer.
Bronzed is the new tanned, nothing new right? Seeking the perfect self tanner to enhance a natural glow allows us to look sun-kissed and keep our skin from looking like something you’d find at Danier.
Here are some top picks from a girl gone bronze:
- Jergens Natural Glow Express – Amazing for enhancing your natural glow and giving your legs depth and definition, tanned legs look hot, pasty white legs, yuck.
- Nars multiple Bronzer – A multi-use stick-style Bronzer that is formulated to strengthen, support and repair the skin while creating all-over warmth and contours the face.
- Dior Smooth Protection Bronzer – I use this daily, love. Anti aging benefits, with a natural bronze effect with SPF 15
- Clarins UV plus HP – This sunscreen is on my top shelf, it protects against UVA-UVB, dark spots and darkening of the complexion. As well it delivers very high antioxidant and anti-pollution protection, to protect skin against premature ageing. Get on it if you want to rid yourself of discoloration ladies..
- Big ass hats – they’re stylish and secure all your delicate areas such as your dicolette, eyes and face from getting crispy and overexposed. Bonus you feel super glam!
- H20 – Water, water, water..keeping hydrated is key. Water plumps you up and gives thirsty skin a nice glow!
And here are some great uses of Bronze…
Totally the look I’m going for, slightly sun-kissed
I need this watch to make sure I’m not in the sun during peak UV hours
Who would have thought? Bronzed outdoor sets..cute
Why not switch up the ordinary revas for some bronzed girls this summer!
Great use of Nars multiple bronzer
Home decor avec bronze..amazing
Get your bronze on…
(photos courtesy of Pinterest & Vogue UK)