Is it just me or is this summer flying by faster than ever? I’m not going to get all whiny about it – there’s still plenty of time to wear my favorite must haves, and maybe even add a few more pieces before it’s time to start drooling over that brown leather Banana Republic jacket and corresponding Frye boots I’m going bananas for.
August is the perfect time of year to build up your summer wardrobe. Sounds odd right seeing summer is almost over? Wrong. Stay with me. While our favorite stores are getting ready for deep eggplant & plum tones, leather jackets, knits and all things autumn,we get to milk the system and buy summer pieces at clearance prices. I normally like to grab transition pieces like tees, tanks and blouses, pieces I can layer right into the crisp fall air, and if I can get my hands on clearence dresses and bathing suits, beware, cause I’ll buy everything in my size. You can wear this stuff for the next month or so then treasure away for next season – its total budget and bliss.
Vault Shopping – Top 5 pieces to add to you summer vault:
- Bathing Suits & Cover ups – Just to name a few H&M, Victorias Secret, The Bay, Gap, French Connection and BCBG, are great spots to discover fab clearance deals. Last summer I got my cherished perfect fit basic black bikini top from Gap for only $7.99
- Beach bags & Summery Clutches – A girl can never have enough bags or beach/boat bags! Ya know the kind you throw everything and the bathroom sink into. I recently scored a Billabong Anchor beach tote for $14 reg. $59.99 and a BCBG nude sequins clutch for $26 reg. $106… most designer labels discount their items for 60% because they can.
- Layering pieces Tees, Tanks & Blouses– again great for layering, all are perfect to throw under your prefect knit or blazer to keep you warm when the summer nights get cooler. Great places to score these are H&M, J Crew, Banana Republic, Gap. Grab yourself a summer denim blouse.
- Accessories – I’m a sucker for budget gems; with the deeper colors of fall it’s totally okay to wear your coral rings and fav turquoise earings..be daring, make statements with accessories.
- Shoes. Shoes. Shoes – because a girl can never have too many pairs! Shoes are expensive, especially nice ones, so when they go on sale sweep ’em up…think winter vacations, weddings down south, classics for next summer..they will serve their purpose, promise.
Great Transition outfit..
Summer to Fall
Summer sequins turned fall
La Boots I’m going bananas for..
I’m heading out the door to visit my friend Lisa over at LEMONBERRY, my fav local clothing shop where I can always find something to add to my vault! My girlfriend’s driving so I might disguise my Skinny Girl Margarita as a Starbucks skinny vanilla latte and do a little cocktail shopping! Hey, it’s Friday!