Yeah it’s Friday! Time to retire the heels for a few days and slip into some flats.
This weekend I will be walking the street of our local farmers market, In weekend appropriate attire of course. Flats, skinny jeans, baggy tee the perfect J Crew sweater and my sunnies (if we’re so lucky to have sunshine?)
Mike and I spent a few years living in the UK and our Saturday ritual was to saunter down the cobble stone road to our local market, stuff our faces with Herb de providence potatoes and nutella crepes then hit up Top Shop and Selfridges. Quite possibly the perfect Saturday outing. We now enjoy our tradition locally. I love visiting our local farmers market (Newmarket Farmers Market), what a great way to pass a Saturday am. Open air, stocking up on fresh produce, crepes, live music and you never know who you’ll run into!
Market Tips and inspiration:
- Get there early – get a head start from the sea of people and strollers
- Wear a cute outfit – boyfriend jeans, cropped trench, baggy tee sweaters, hats…
- Bring a cute bag to stock up on local produce – something that says “green is the new black” or a fashionable beach bag to slug all your finds
- Bring cash – interact is for the mall
- Wear comfy shoes – flats, runners, nothing that requires a heel
- Take your time browsing around and enjoying the fare – you never know what you’ll find
- Don’t watch your caloric intake – enjoy a belly buster!
My transportation to the market
What I will be eating
What Mike will buy for me..
Carbs never looked so good!
What I will be cooking with for the next week
Going green is sexy; It’s important to support your local farmers and businesses, buying locally grown food can bring more money to the community, reduce cost of fuel shipment and creates a better community atmosphere. Visit your local market this weekend and indulge in a little local milieu!
Find your local market http://www.farmersmarketsontario.com/index.cfm
Happy Weekend everyone!