Feel like taking your mind to a playful warm summer day? Then you came to the right spot.
The past weekend got me longing for summer accessories. The warmer air, sunshine and requirement for sunnies had me visualizing my summer garb. I have little resistance when it comes to accessories, they supplement and complement style to a degree of seamless. I am easily fooled, for that reason I am an accessory veteran.
So let me take you away on the daydream I had and give you my Must Have Accessories for Summer 2011. The loveliness and gorgeousness of these images will allure you to be more vivid and daring this summer..I promise.
Must Have Mondays: Accessories
- An amazing pair of sunnies – its important to look great but it’s just as important to protect your peepers! Not only do sunnies play the essential part of protecting our eyes against harmful sun rays, but, if properly chosen, they add interest to your overall appearance. I think it’s important to own 3 pairs 1. classic 2. trendy 3. sporty vs easy to wear.
- A fabulous chapeau – wide brim, fedora, turban or anything that flatters your face is an absolute vital for summer time. Even try a floppy 70’s inspired hat to add a bohemian flair to any look. Make sure you wear something that suits your face and that you feel glamorous in.
- A statement ring – We have all heard this before. Statement ring. A big rock could definitely be a good investment — or a fun personal treat. Dramatic rings make you feel amazing, anyone who has ever slipped one on and caught major notice for this piece knows what I’m talking about. It becomes the reason for your entire outfit! I’m totally guilty for developing an entire outfit around my statement ring!
- Arm Candy – Clutches and weekender bags are another personal fav of mine. Embellished with ethnic detail, or simple and crisp this is yet another accessories you can have fun with! Vivid patterns, bold stripes and colors are big for this summer; remember classic and vintage will never get stale.
- The perfect Caftan- How do you cover up on the beach? Please I hope you didn’t say Terri cloth? Sheer sexy caftans or cover ups are the way of the modern beauty. Caftans are very exotic. The variety of colors they are offered in are gorgeous. When your dressing for the beach, pool party or backyard bbq imagine SATC2…you’ll find inspiration there.
- Big bold tell a story Earrings – From Forever21 to Rachel Roy, big earrings are an instant look at me accessory. I love pulling my hair back and divulging and amazing pair or earrings. They’re perfect to amp up a plain white tee, and look fresh and summer-y when hair is pulled back into an up-do. Plus, they’re becoming increasingly easy to find at budget prices!
My Must Have Mondays. Unbelievable statement accessories to transmit a distinctive youthful, playful vibe. I hope these pieces made your summer retro dream a little more realistic.
Here are some great places to look for the above mentioned
- Costa Blanca
- French Connection
- Victorias Secret
- Rachel Roy
- Charlie by Matthew Zink
and of course on-line. Everyone has different limits to what they can and can’t spend. You will find everything I mentioned at whatever price suits you. While personally I would love to have a chest full of only expensive jewelry, with the word recession still buzzing in everyone’s ears it just isn’t logical – be fashionable and practical …you’ll still look stunning.
My Tailored Life xox