With one almost-70-degree day under our belts, spring is almost at our fingertips, and I think it was official March 20! There is limitless amounts of inspiration everywhere, and getting your beauty and style routine in order is a must. So I bring you Must have Mondays! Your nails, skin, style and hair all need special attention to reveal that pretty spring-to-summer glow that can shed a very long winter in a flash. Here are my current Must haves for spring….
- a good trim – prepping for summer hair is essential. No one wants split ends transitioning into summer hair. Our tresses tend to get lighter in the warmer months, which can lead to dry and damaged locks. Keep it trimmed, and fit a hair mask into your routine at least once a weeks.
Sebastian Penetrate Mask
- Nude or Peach Nails – polished nails make a you look together. I love these nude to peach tones for spring, they look fresh and go with absolutely every outfit. DIY at home, soak your hands in warm water, shape, buff then polish. Invite you birds over and have a wine and nail party!
Dior Nude Chic
shop for this here: http://www.beautyencounter.com/buy/christian-dior-dior-vernis-long-wearing-nail-lacquer/3348900896871/226018?utm_source=shopzilla&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopzilla&utm_content=3348900896871
other great options for nudes are :
- OPI Coney Island Cotton Candy
- OPI Dulce de Leche available at http://www.opi.com/
- Essie Topless and Barefoot available at http://www.essie.com
- Rimmel available at your local http://www.walmart.com/
- A great trench – another fantastic transition piece. Does not matter if you are off to work, out to lunch, dropping the kids off at school or doing groceries, a trench looks classic. You could even be naked under this thing, and you will still look so put together.
Guess Trench Gold Rimmed Button Trench
shop for this at: http://www.guess.ca/
- rain friendly boots – I love my Hunter Boots. You can find tons of fun rain safe friendly boots anywhere these days. Rain boots are a great alternative to your Uggs or Sorels. Again they are great changeover foot wear until we can slip our polished toes into some sandles.
Hunter Boots Original Gloss
shop for these at: http://www.getoutsideshoes.com/
Joe Fresh Joe Fresh Wellies
shop for these here: http://www.superstore.ca
Tory Burch Tory Burch Logo Rain Boot
Shop for these here: http://www.toryburch.com/LIMITED-EDITION-LOGO-RAIN-BOOT/23108162,default,pd.html
(I have a little love affair with these)
for cheaper options try Payless, Walmart, Target and Zellers
The Fix it Moisturizer
- an antioxidant moisturizer – Antioxidant moisturizers are fabulous for nourishing the skin. They reduce free radical damage and brighten skin, thus being beneficial after the wear and tear from the cold winter months. Hydrate your beautiful face to prepare for bright and sunny spring!
shop for this here: http://www.clinique.com
Get yourself ready with these simple spring must haves. If you would like to add anything leave a comment or let me know some of your fav’s!
Hope your Monday was as productive as mine.
My Tailored Life xo